Job Opening: Digital Outreach Coordinator
LOCATION: Washington, DC
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Digital Outreach
Learn More About the Position:
Ocean Conservancy seeks a Digital Outreach Coordinator with experience in digital content development/production to join a highly motivated team of five that has a beautiful website, an ever-growing social media presence and an energized base of ocean supporters.
The Digital Outreach Coordinator supports Ocean Conservancy’s communications and marketing efforts by providing editorial and production support on Ocean Conservancy’s digital platforms. If you are detail-oriented, self-motivated, want to make a difference in the world and thrive in a fast-paced team environment, we'd love to hear from you.
- Writes, produces and tests email blasts, advocacy alerts, petitions and fundraising requests.
- Proofreads web and email content with a focus on quality control.
- Manages and monitors several of Ocean Conservancy’s social media channels including Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn.
- Interacts, communicates and cares for Ocean Conservancy’s digital community by responding to email inquiries, social media and blog comments.
- Creates and updates website content by utilizing Ocean Conservancy’s website content management system to build webpages, homepage banners, landing pages and campaign promotions.
- Maintains the database of online supporters and donors. This includes reconciling duplicates, updating records and following best practices.
- Writes and curates blog posts on current ocean conservation topics and Ocean Conservancy initiatives.
- Writes and produces text messaging for Ocean Conservancy’s mobile community platform.
- Tracks metrics and analytics to measure the success of Ocean Conservancy’s strategies and campaigns; creates reports to communicate results.
- Contributes to team brainstorms and discussions.
- Contributes to editorial strategy.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with AP style.
- Solid attention to detail.
- Current understanding of online communication, accessibility standards and social media outreach.
- Ability to project manage, prioritize tasks and work within a team.
- Proficiency with Mac platforms, Microsoft office, WordPress, HTML and Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Production and/or development experience with dynamic websites.
- Demonstrated experience creating website content, blog posts, social media and email blasts.
- Previous exposure to content management systems and customer relationship management systems.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to help troubleshoot community concerns.
- Comfort executing assigned projects independently when necessary.
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Resilience and willingness to adapt to change.
- Positive team player that is comfortable interacting with a broad spectrum of program, policy and science staff.
- Enthusiasm for the digital space. Excited to stay on top of trends, best practices and emerging platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least two years of professional experience in the digital space.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION:
If you think you have what it takes to join Ocean Conservancy's team, please send a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and abilities along with your resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com and note your name and "Jobs Box #15-11" in the subject line.
Ocean Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.